Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It has been a few days since I last posted...thanks to not understanding computers a whole lot. Computers are such an important part of our lives these days, yet it takes forever to "fix" whatever a problem might be. All our technology out here on the ranch is through satelitte. There are no land lines! Alas...everything is working again.

A few days ago we heard Mandy, my big 95 lb. Berneise Mountain dog barking, so we proceded to look out the kitchen window to see the local coyote that does seem to hang around. He is a big one for sure. We always know something is lurking out there when Mandy barks. She is such a great watchdog. Her favorite thing to do is to run along the inside of the fence & chase the local cows away. Of course Tim, our son loves to do that just as much!

We also had an overnight rain which really settled the dust & watered my plants very nicely. I tend to get up most mornings around 6:30 just to water everything which I don't mind doing it really. It is always so peaceful & quite that early in the morning. Of course nobody else in the house is even near waking up!

What the rain did do was bring out the roly polie bugs. It is so gross seeing HUNDREDS of those tiny little black bugs crawling EVERYWHERE on the sides of the house. For a moment you think there is a pestilence of some sort happening!

The rain didn't last long though...it warmed up a lot & has been about 95 - 105 for the last couple of days. I am so ready for fall to set in & have some cool nights.

Hope all is well with family & friends. I will be back soon!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm ready for fall too :o)

Ashley said...

HII its ashley. Just wanted to tell you that I found your blog and im excited! read my if you would like. Its not that exciting. but at you can keep up with whats goingon. hope you are doing well!!

Ashley

Athira Ashok said...

Very Interesting post, Thanks Kerala spices online